To implement and exercise the powers, duties and functions provided for in the City Ordinance No. 06-108 creating the Anti-Graft Division under the Office of the City Mayor, which was enacted in October 5, 2006 by the Sangguniang Panglungsod of Muntinlupa on its 92nd regular session.
To promote and inculcate among public officials and employees the principle that “a public office is a public trust”, to repress certain acts of public officers and private persons alike which constitute graft and corrupt practices or which may lead thereto and likewise minimize bureaucratic processes in public service.
To promote a high standard of ethics in public service, considering that public officials and employees shall at all times be accountable to the people and shall discharge their duties with utmost responsibility, integrity, competence and loyalty; act with patriotism and justice, lead modest lives and uphold public interest over personal interest.
- To inform the Mayor on matters relevant to the activities of the Anti-Graft Division to include significant observations involving the performance of its mission, state of discipline among employees, their efficiency, and the economic status of the City Government of Muntinlupa.
- Supervise investigations, training in coordinating with the City Personnel Office, monitoring/inspections of city programs, projects, and studies in consonance with existing rules and regulations or as directed by the Chairman of the Anti-Graft Board and/or the City Mayor.
- Formulate and disseminate policies involving the primary interest within the Anti-Graft Division field of activities throughout the City Government of Muntinlupa; recommend procedures feasibly adaptable in the conduct of the investigations, monitoring/inspections and in processing complaints.
- Determine, assign and coordinate jurisdictional areas of monitoring/inspection and investigation to insure that all Barangay Health Centers, School/Institutions and activities of the Anti-Graft Division are sufficiently covered and properly coordinated with Office/Department concerned.
- Coordinate with different Departments, Divisions and Unit Heads within the City Government of Muntinlupa on matters relevant and significant to Anti-Graft Division activities.
- Maintain and consolidate all reports emanating from different Departments, Divisions and lower units.
- Act and review all cases referred to it for comments and recommendations.
- Maintain as a complaint office or section to receive and process complaints or request from the public or employees.