Mr. Jerome James V. Arriola
4th Floor, Annex Bldg., Muntinlupa City Hall
Telephone No.: 8 862-6586
E-mail: [email protected]
The City International Relations Officer must be a citizen of the Philippines, a resident of the City of Muntinlupa, of good moral character, a holder of a college degree on foreign service, public administration, law, business administration or any related course from a recognized college or university, and a first grade civil service eligible or its equivalent. He must acquire experience for at least three (3) years in international relations, including a working knowledge on management on international conventions, effective liaison and communications with foreign local government counterparts and other international organizations, establishment of sisterhood agreements and other forms of partnership.
The city international relations officer shall take charge of the office of international relations and shall:
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof of the city mayor, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with the management of international relations and the administration of programs and projects which the city mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sangguniang Panlungsod is empowered to provide;
- Be in the frontline of the enhancement of international relations, particularly those in which will create investment opportunities for the City of Muntinlupa and those that will provide benefits for the City in terms of innovation, technical knowledge, new trends, and practices in the local government management;
- Recommend to Sangguniang Panlungsod and advise the city mayor on all matters relative to the management and administration of international relations; and;
- Perform such other duties and functions and exercise such other powers as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991, and those that are prescribed by law or ordinance.
To become a leading office for international relations in the country, where programs enhance the competitiveness and attractiveness of the city for investments.
To be the frontline in the enhancement of international relations, which promotes city competitiveness and the attractiveness of Muntinlupa for investments.
- Effective management of the affairs with current sister-cities of the City
- Thought-providing and relevant diplomatic and business and communications for the local chief executive